Vryheid Landdroshof / Court House / Police Station
Die sandsteengebou is ‘n goeie voorbeeld van die metode van Vryheid Klipwerk Die Gebou is opgerig om te dien as die eerste volwaardige landdroshof in Vryheid. DIe Bouers was Weightman & Emmery en die gebou is in Maart 1894 Voltooi. Die Victoriaanse varanda is later aangebou Die gebou is in Julie 1979 tot ‘n Nasionale Gedenkwaardigheid verklaar. (skets Olivia Maritz)
Police Station, Landdrost (Cnr Church) Street, Vryheid Huge sandstone building; corrugated iron roof with decorative wrought-iron railing; doors and window This sandstone building with its Victorian veranda dates from the end of the last century and forms an essential part of the historic and architectural character of Landdrost Street. Current use: police station.
The Court House in 1894 before the verandas were added
The dog lying on the left is not to disturb by the police gathering of some sort, but it is the record of the building that is of great historical importance of this old photo. Huge Gum trees seems to be so part of Church street and of Vryheid in those years gone by